Friday 3 June 2011

A new hope?

So, not succesful with the Wellcome. Not surprised as it was a pure cataloguing job, which is not really me.
Invited for an interview at Chertsey on 16/6 for the Clinical Librarian post. Quite a challenge, as they want a 10 minute presentation of a critical appraisal and a search skills exercise. I'm a bit nervous about this as the latest changes on NHS evidence have not been completely incorporated into my skill set yet. I guess I could practice by doing the search skills group task. What will they do for people who don't have an NHS athens? Maybe it will be writing a search strategy?

No news on the CAM post.

No news from SCIE either.

On a brighter note I've been awarded an HLG sponsored place at Umbrella. I'm delighted, as I don't think I could have justified spending money on going. I think I should sign up with Twitter and tweet and or blog while I'm there which might make the writing up easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment