Tuesday 28 June 2011

Keep on keeping on

Taking the chance of a cpd23 lull to add some more job-hunting news. I'm still unemployed and feeling anxious.

So far I've been chivvying my sons about their exams and generally keeping busy on a domestic front, but I can see that that's going to pall quite quickly. When I receive my final payment from HWPH I think I may really start to panic.

So, what's going on.

Completed Applications
  • Clinical Librarian post in Surrey - unsuccesful. Waiting for feedback.
  • 3 posts I've asked agencies to put me forward for - no news. I'm slightly miffed about this because in one case I didn't even get an acknowledgement from the agency. This was an academic library post in London so not ideal, but even so.. Next time I think I'll try phoning.
Current applications in progress/under consideration
  • Librarian in very local to me NHS Trust Library. This would be perfect, and I have the skills. Just need to refine and complete the application form and submit.
  • School librarian in a very local to me primary school. I'm not sure about this one -  I don't have school library experience but I do have some experience with primary age children from my work with the After School Club and volunteering in the CofE school when the boys were there.
  • College library post in Hants. I have the academic library experience, but I'm put off by the travelling (48 miles, 51 mins according to Bing) and the fact they start at 7.45. I know that's shallow. On the brightside I'm guessing the travelling would be much quicker at that time in the morning. I think this will go on the back burner.
  • Final post is in Herts.(43 miles, 45 mins) Library manager, Part time and a band 7. This actually sounds better the more I think about it. I think I will move onto this one when I've finished the local NHS one.
So that's a brief update. I'm being even more circumspect about details than I was before, following my thoughts about branding. If any other jobseekers would like to compare notes I'd be delighted to hear from you via comments or by e-mail - and good luck to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment