Monday 28 November 2011

Job-seeking etc

For Thing 21 we are supposed to think about our skills in a job-seeking context.

As any regular readers will know I have just emerged from a very painful experience of redundancy and unemployment which involved a great deal of this kind of self-assessment so I'm not going repeat that in public!

Instead I will say that the important thing for me was to keep on thinking of myself as a professional. After all, you don't stop being a doctor or an architect beacause you are not currently working. I kept on doing professional development, including cpd23 and I think it was this which got me the job I currently have.

I have discovered that I don't interview well because I come across as nervous and lacking confidence even when I'm only suffering from slight interview nerves. I really should do something about this - but it's probably so much a part of my personality that it's likely to be really difficult. 

I will be revising my CV in light of some of the new skills I've been practising at work - the Atlantic link software and Netvibes come to mind. I'm hoping not to need a CV any time soon though!


No comments:

Post a Comment