Wednesday 2 November 2011

Catching my breath

Thing 19 is a chance to reflect on how we can use the new tools professionally.

Although I retain some of my doubts about the professional personal divide I have become a complete convert to Twitter. As a means of disseminating and receiving information and as a way of catching the zeitgeist I think it's unparalleled. I will definitely continue to use it when the course is over.

I was impressed with some of the free reference management tools. Sadly, I don’t think I’m going to get a chance to use them in my current post, but I am going to try to stay aware of what’s available in this area because they are so useful.
I’m currently also taking a course on e-learning which feeds into this one and Prezi seems an ideal medium for delivering some of that.

I somehow don't seem to be keeping up with as many Blogs as I ought to - perhaps because I easily let my own blogging slide?

As previously blogged my awareness has been raised to the extent that I was really shocked by the lack of engagement shown by one or two of the candidates for Cilip council – which I don’t think I would have been before doing this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment