Tuesday 13 September 2011

Some very brief reflections on advocacy

I’m not going to say much in this post.  I’m not entirely sure I agree that advocacy should be part of every librarian’s job description. It may be, but is this a good thing?
Before the axe fell on my previous position I spent a lot of time advocating for the library service in general and my colleagues’ posts in particular with some success in preventing redundancies – except my own.
I think in the health sector advocacy is about proving our impact but also increasingly our effect on costs.

Work with schools : a librarian's assistant telling a story.

Dated 191?



Work with schools : a librarian's assistant telling a story ...


Picture from New York Public Library's Photostream on Flickr. No known copyright restrictions.


No comments:

Post a Comment